Epoxy floor coating is a leading flooring solution today. This flooring can be used in a wide range of floor settings starting from bathrooms, kitchens, garages in homes to warehouses, office spaces and commercial outlets. Given the vast spectrum of epoxy flake flooring available, the visual attractiveness of an epoxy finish transforms the overall aesthetics of a place.
Thinking about a perfect flooring solution for your new home? Though there is no perfect flooring solution, epoxy flooring has a lengthy list of advantages or benefits compared to its downsides. Below mentioned is a list of the pros and cons of epoxy floor coating. Keep reading to understand why considering epoxy flooring in Melbourne will be a smart choice.
Epoxy flooring is well-known for its array of pros which are:
- High durability: When it comes to long-lasting flooring, epoxy flooring comes out on top. The coating is so strong that it entirely protects your floor from any impact. But sharp or projectile objects with a high impact might cause damage.
- Long life span: Epoxy coatings have a long lifespan. Epoxy can last for years with proper installation and floor upkeep, with no apparent peels or cracks. Even at its worst, the flooring can withstand all wear and tear from foot traffic.
- Easy to clean: Epoxy flooring is easy to clean and maintain. Simple sweeping and wet mopping with mild floor cleanser on a regular basis are all that is required to maintain the fresh appearance for years. Getting rid of spills immediately is always recommended.
- Fire-resistant: Epoxy flooring is fire resistant. It can withstand temperatures of up to 200 degrees Celsius. Therefore, epoxy is the material of choice for industrial floors.
- Shock-resistant: Epoxy floor coating is also resistant to electric shock, which makes it a popular choice for plants, factories, and warehouses.
- Water-resistant: Epoxy floor coating has an impervious surface. Its non-porous characteristic does not absorb moisture. As a result, neither mould, mildew, bacteria, or germs, can thrive.
- Excellent for heavy objects: Epoxy flooring can withstand the weight of any large item. You may park automobiles on the floor and store heavy tools and equipment without fear of damage.
- Non-staining: Epoxy floorings are resistant to stains. So, if you drop any liquid on the floor there is nothing to worry about. Wiping the spill off the floor surface at the earliest is enough.
- Resistant to oil and chemical: Epoxy flooring is exceptionally durable and resistant to chemical spills, oil, and grease. This makes epoxy flooring a preferred choice in auto repair shops and chemical laboratories. Wipe up the spill as soon as possible to ensure that the floor remains unharmed.
- Highly affordable: When it comes to flooring, cost is a major consideration. Epoxy coating in Melbourne is quite budget friendly. They have an overall low cost because epoxy can beinstalled on the existing concrete without the need of any special flooring. You also save money because the flooring is low-maintenance and does not require any repairs in general.
- Professional look: Epoxy floor coatings create an almost seamless, smooth, and uniform appearance. The shiny polish gives the room a professional feel. Epoxy floor coating is the ideal option for any room that requires a contemporary look.
- Colours and patterns: Epoxy floor coatings provide a wide range of colour and pattern combinations. Its diverse selection ensures that you have a new alternative every time. You may pick from a variety of solid colours, metallic finish colours, marble type finishing, and any other creative appearance you want.
- Customisation: Epoxy flake flooring, solid colour, metallics, and quartz are the four distinct customisations offered. Each of these customizations has its own set of benefits and are utilised for a certain specific purpose or industry.
That was indeed a thorough list of advantages. Let us look at the other side of the coin, the disadvantages:
- Difficult to install: Epoxy flooring installation is a complicated process. It is a sloppy and time-consuming job.
- Demands intensive prep-work: The floor substrate must be clear of all debris, oil, grime, and solvents, which necessitates a lot of prep work.Requires Machinery: Smoothing the floor using a floor grinding machine is occasionally necessary. This aids in the appropriate adhesion of the epoxy to the floor substrate.
- Slippery: The surface becomes slick if there is any liquid spill, particularly water. There is a good possibility you will trip and fall.
- Sensitive to UV rays: Epoxy should never be used in any outdoor location that is exposed to the sun. It starts to become yellow.
As you can see, the advantages outnumber the disadvantages, making epoxy floor coating in Melbourne an excellent flooring option. Furthermore, the disadvantages have a remedy, which is hiring an expert to complete the task.
Independent Concrete Solutions are experts in epoxy flooring in Melbourne. Whether you need epoxy coating on a new floor or revamp an old floor with epoxy coating in Melbourne, we are the best choice.
Epoxy flooring in Melbourne is a speciality of ours, and we have professionals that are well-versed in the process. Our team comes equipped with the most up-to-date equipment required for the job. You tell us what you need, and we will provide the results you want.