At Independent Concrete Solutions, we bring you a fabulous selection of polished concrete in a broad range of styles and finishes. Suitable for both residential and industrial spaces, we have the finest range of polished concrete to enrich spaces with an admirable touch. No matter the precise requirements of your space or the type of polished concrete you are looking for, we are confident that you will find it here. Explore through our range to discover an amazing collection.
Who we are
Behind every great company, is a true story.
Travis and Kane are long time mates who have both been in the construction game as long as they could remember Travis starting a carpentry apprenticeship at the age of 16 eventually found himself
What we do
Terrazzo Tiles in Melbourne
Concrete Grind and Seal
Concrete Grinding in Melbourne
Residential Polished Concrete Floors
With our wealth of experience, we have a thorough understanding of the needs of our clients. We understand that every space has its distinctiveness and bring you concrete solutions to elevate the charm of any setting. The polished concrete that we bring you are similar to the regular concrete but have chemical densifiers added for a dense matrix. The surface is then polished so that the required smoothness and finish is achieved. The process involves honing the surface with diamond abrasives and every slab is unique.
The Benefits of Polished Concrete:
- Natural look with a marble-like appearance
- Requires very little maintenance
- Extremely durable
- Easy to maintain
- Adds a seamless look to spaces
- Suitable for underfloor heating systems
- The floor offers amazing underfoot grip
- Available in a broad range of finishes and colours
- To remove scuff marks from the floor, use baking soda on a damp cloth to scrub the marks. Apply elbow grease and wipe it for the shine.
- Use a floor cleaner to cut away dirt and grime. Use a good quality cement floor polish on the clean, dry floor with a microfiber mop.
- Dishwash soap and water are good to clean outdoor floors and restore shine. A high-pressure stream of water is best to remove dirt from crevices.
- Seal your floors with an epoxy concrete filler for minor cracks. Rub floor wax all over to restore the lost shine.
- Removing all existing coatings from the surface completely.
- Removing dust and loose debris from the surface thoroughly.
- Sealing cracks and joints using epoxy/semi-rigid filler.
- Grinding with metal-bond diamond starting from 40 -grit and ending to 150-grit.
- Applying chemical hardener that densifies the concrete
- Polishing with resin-bond diamond starting from 200-grit and ending to 800-grit
- The finishing depends on the desired sheen using 1500 – 3000-grit resin bond diamond
- Applying stain guard for protection and easy maintenance.
- Cotton or microfiber mops, soft-bristled brushes for routine cleaning.
- Mild floor cleaners or stone cleaners with a wet mop and rinse.
- Liquid detergent, dish cleaner, Castile soap with a wet mop.
- Soda mixed with a gallon of hot water, scrub the floor and mop clean.
- Spray floor cleaning solution in section and use clean water to mop it.
- Power washer to remove dirt, grime, moulds, mildew.
- Stiff brush (non-metallic) and detergent to scrub
- A soft paste of flour and hydrogen peroxide to clean stains
- Trisodium phosphate with water and nylon bristle brush
- Muriatic acid to clean dried grout and toughest stains
Thanks boys couldnt be happier with how job finished quality job 5 star rating for the end result even with the late starts 👏
Highly recommend Travis and Kane very happy with the finish of our outdoor concrete area, will be getting them back to grind our driveway in the near future plus they gave us plenty of different options to choose from.
Couldn’t fault the boys able to work in with other trades I had on site and do what they were there to do A grade result , first time using Kane’s company hope you are ready for the next one mate 👍
Trav and Kane are very proactive and kept the place tidy. Would definitely use again, highly recommend.
Good work cheers berny.